“Do I like the Syndar? You mean all of them, or just one particular one? The have a strong connection to nature and that’s good, well some of them do at least but… some of them can fight, umm …are you still here? Go find someone else to bother!”
–Kragen Bloodmoon Ulven Warleader
Who are the Syndar?
The Syndar are the eldest and most long-lived of the three playable races in Last Hope Live Action Roleplay. Their culture goes back farther than the history books of man can document. Their skin varies in pigmentation far beyond the normal coloration of humans, and they have ears which taper into points. From the shadows, they watched mankind take its first faltering steps towards creating the kingdoms of the old world. They are the children of the Sun and the Moon, and the stewards of the mana stream which gives life to every living creature and is the source of all things magic. To outsiders, they appear to be a fae and mysterious race, and rumors and campfire stories paint pictures of them as kin to spirits of nature; wild and fierce one moment, wise and calm the next, wielding powerful magic as if it were second nature to them.
Of course, the best campfire stories have at least some basis in reality.
If you like a proud, long lived magical race with varied appearance and a unique culture, then perhaps you should consider making a Syndar character for Last Hope Live Action Roleplay.
Known Syndar Bloodlines and Groups
These groups are only a sample of what exists within the world and all were created by players. If you are interested in playing a Syndar they do not need to belong to any of the below listed groups. If you wish to create your own group or bloodline feel free to work with staff! The following groups can be great inspiration either way.
Io’Larian (Called Feral by the Serous and Celestine Syndar, a name assumed to be their proper name by Humans and Ulven):
- The Lost
- A Large Io’Larian Tribe from Faedrun with a rich cultural history
- The Tribe of The Jaguar
- A Large Io’Larian Tribe from Faedrun. They have managed to bring a very sizable portion of their population to Mardrun where they have flourished.
- The Calavera
- A secretive an insular Io’Larian Tribe living off the coast of Mardrun. They keep to themselves, but occasionally their members are seen on the mainland.
- The Shattered Tribes
- A loose connection of Io’Larian Syndar who have lost their individual tribes during The Fall of Faedrun and have come together to support each other and maintain their cultures.
- The First Born
- A group of Io’Larian Supremacists who have grown tired of being looked down on by other Syndar and have taken inspiration from the Syndar Creation Story that tells that Io’Larians are the Eldest of the Syndar Bloodlines.
- The Phoenix
- A commune made up primarily of Serous Syndar, though they will adopt members from any race or bloodline. They live on Fire Isle off the Southern coast of Mardrun
- The Reclamant
- A defunct religious order of Syndar who make it their life goal to remove mana from deceased Syndar as part of their funerary rites.
- The Enlightened
- An order of Serous and Celestine Syndar whose soul-purpose is the advancement of arcane knowledge and the education of all young Celestine Syndar.
The Syndar FAQ is a great resource that covers a lot of the cultural elements of the Syndar. If you have any questions that aren’t answered there or in any of the other links don’t hesitate to send an e-mail in and ask.